Thursday 24 May 2007

10 Reasons Not to Wash

Some people think washing is important, but here are some reasons one person gave to justify his decision to give up on washing:
  1. I was forced to as a child.
  2. People who make soap are only after your money.
  3. I wash on special occasions like Christmas and Easter.
  4. People who wash are hypocrites—they think they are cleaner than everyone else.
  5. There are so many different kinds of soap, I can't decide which one is best.
  6. I used to wash. It got boring, though, so I stopped.
  7. None of my friends wash.
  8. The bathroom is never warm enough in the winter or cool enough in the summer.
  9. I'll start washing when I get older and dirtier.
  10. I can't spare the time.

OK, so these excuses are all pretty lame. We all know that getting cleaned up is important and none of these excuses cut it as reasons to avoid washing. These excuses aren’t really about giving up on washing though, they are about giving up on Church.

Just as washing is important for the body, being part of a church family is important for the soul. It helps us to discover and live the full life that Jesus came to give us. There are a number of Christian Churches in the Narembeen Shire and they are each quite different from one another. Why don’t you check out the back page of the Fencepost for details of what’s happening, and then go check it out? I think you’ll find that deciding to get involved in Church is a great decision to make. If you are someone who has been turned off Church or turned off God for whatever reason, I am always happy to talk to you about that. Give me a buzz on 9064 7210 or drop me a line at m.c.birch@narembeen.com.

No comments: